I had originally planned on doing a pink/purple-based galaxy, but it ended up being more blue-based. The trick to altering the colour of your galaxy is the based on the colours you add on top of the white polish in the tutorial. Next time I'll actually go through with the pink/purple galaxy, because the ones I've seen look so pretty!
I tried to keep the tutorial as simple as possible to lead to a perfect galaxy every single time. The tl;dr version goes like this: black, shimmer, white, colour, glitter, dotted stars. This 'formula' has so far worked every time for me, and I hope it works just as well for you too! :)
Alright, enough small talk, here's the tutorial!
- Start with a base coat and a black base. Let that dry.
- Dab an iridescent or sheer shimmery polish on a makeup sponge. Sponge it onto your nail in the shape of your galaxy.
- Repeat the previous step with a white polish, but dab your sponge on a paper towel first to remove excess polish. Dab small amounts inside of the shape you made before.
- Repeat with other brighter colours, applying less polish than before. I suggest light pinks, mints, purples and blues.
- Dab on a glitter top coat with the polish brush wherever you would like. I suggest sparse glitters in a clear base that includes various glitter sizes.
- Add stars using a white polish and a dotting tool. I prefer smaller stars in clusters on top of the galaxy shape.
- Seal it with a top coat and you're done!
I hope this tutorial was helpful to some of you! See you on Thursday with more nail art! :)