Today I have a lengthy two-in-one kind of post for you. I'll be reviewing another product from Born Pretty Store as well as showing you a tutorial for the classic nude to glitter gradient. This look is perfect for prom, and I'll be sharing other tips and ideas for creating your perfect prom manicure. I'll get to the review first, followed by the nail art and tutorial toward the end of the post :)
This set of 12 pots of glitter are a welcome addition to my collection. Each pot comes packed with 1.5 mm glitter pieces. I recommend covering your work surface when using these, to avoid a mess in case of accidental spills. Otherwise, the large size of these glitters make them very easy to work with, and they're well-suited for glitter placement manicures.
The range of colours is very nice and all of them are opaque except for the iridescent white. The darker colours are very bold and rich while the lighter colours are very versatile and universally flattering. I can see the two rose shades being very popular, and I appreciate the two silver tones. One is a traditional silver and the other is more of an antique silver/champagne shade. I think that the colours in this set will prove to be extremely versatile for a great variety of looks.
This set is fantastic for creating prom nail art. My number one recommendation for prom nails are glitter gradients. This style looks great on everyone and is sure to match any dress, no matter the style or level of fanciness. Colouful gradients are wonderful for simpler styles, but if your dress has a lot going on, I recommend matching the gradient to your jewelry, so go with golds, silvers, bronzes, or rose golds. I also recommend using a nude base, rather than a coloured one, for a more elegant look.
I used OPI Barre My Soul for my base. The shimmer I used is China Glaze Sex On The Beach. For the glitter I used L.A. Girl Inspire, followed by the two rose shades of loose glitter. The best part about these gradients are that they are super quick and easy to do, with foolproof results. Check out the four easy steps below:
- Start with your base coat followed by a sheer nude base colour to give your nails a healthy, even colour.
- After letting that dry, use a makeup sponge to lightly dab on a sheer, shimmery polish that matches your glitter. Start from the tip of your nail and work toward the middle. This will help blend your glitter gradient and fill in any spaces between the glitter.
- Repeat with a matching micro glitter polish.
- To amp up the sparkle, wet the end of a toothpick to pick up pieces of large loose glitter and place them on your nail, concentrating them at the tip.
- Seal with a top coat, and you're done!
This product was provided for honest review.