Hello! Today's tutorial revisits an old design of mine that became quite popular. I had a lot of questions asking for a tutorial for this print, and here it finally is! This swallow design is a really easy one to paint, and only requires a few quick steps.
I started my nails off with a white-blue gradient to resemble the sky. The gradient isn't part of the tutorial, but it's completely optional. I've seen really cute swallow print manicures with solid backgrounds, one of which uses black swallows on a light pink background. Very chic!
The polishes I used for the gradient are American Apparel T-Shirt, American Apparel American Denim, and American Apparel Cameo Blue. I blended these together on my nail using a makeup sponge.
- Paint your nails with your base coat and then a solid colour. Let that dry.
- I prefer the design with a gradient base, but you can skip this step and just keep your solid colour.
- Use a polish of your choice and a striping brush to start creating the bodies of the birds. Paint several curved lines on your nail, and thicken one end of the line to a slight point for the heads and beaks.
- Paint a small 'v' shape at the thinner tip of each line for the tail feathers.
- Paint a slight 'C' shape through the body for the wings, closer to the thicker end of the body.
- Thicken up the wings closer to the body, ending the wings at a more pointed tip.
- Seal it all with a topcoat and you're done!
I hope this tutorial was helpful to you and thanks for looking!